All CD’s are automatically renewable at maturity for original term, with interest rate in effect at time of maturity.
- 10-Day grace period following maturity to withdrawal without penalty.
- Interest is compounded quarterly and credited quarterly, excluding 90 day, which credit at maturity.
- The annual percentage yield assumes interest will remain on deposit with principal until maturity. A withdrawal will reduce earnings.
- Click Here to view our current rates.
- Certificates of Deposit - CDARS
With CDARS, you can receive up to $10 million in FDIC protection through Prairie Community Bank. There are few guarantees in life - FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable cash management or longer-term investment tool for you or your business.
- Safety - Your money can receive up to $10 million in FDIC insurance coverage.
- Convenience - You work directly with us. You earn one interest rate and receive one regular statement. Private investors receive one year-end tax form.
- Community Investment - The full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community.
- CD-Level Rates - Your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including Treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, and money market mutual funds.
How does CDARS work?
We are members of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into certificates of deposit issued by other banks in the network - in increments of less than $100,000 - so that both your principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. With help from a sophisticated matching system, we exchange deposits with other banks that are members of the network.
Of course, your confidential account information remains protected.
Ask us about how CDARS can work for you the next time you visit one of our branches, or email us for more information.
For additional questions on our current interest rates please contact one of Prairie’s friendly retail bankers.
Please contact us at email@example.com.
Prairie Community Bank (815) 568-4100