CDs and IRAs
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a great way to invest your extra cash into a low-risk, high-interest account that will grow over time. Our CD's are automatically renewable at maturity, with the interest rate in effect at time of maturity. Contact a Prairie Community Bank branch near you for more information or to open a CD today!
All CD’s are automatically renewable at maturity, with interest rate in effect at time of maturity.
10-Day grace period following maturity to withdrawal without penalty.
Interest is compounded quarterly and credited quarterly, excluding 90 day, which is credited at maturity.
The annual percentage yield assumes interest will remain on deposit with principal until maturity. A withdrawal will reduce earnings.
Click Here to view our current rates.
Certificates of Deposit - CDARS
With CDARS, you can access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance while working directly through Prairie Community Bank. There are few guarantees in life - FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable cash management tool for you, your business and nonprofits.
- Peace of Mind - Access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance coverage.
- One Relationship - You work directly with us, someone you know and can trust.
- One Statement - You receive one easy-to-read statement detailing all your CD holdings.
- Competitive Rates - Your money earns CD-level rates, which often compare favorably to Treasuries and money market mutual funds.
- No Hidden Fees - No annual fees.
- Flexibility - You select from a wide variety of maturities, ranging from 4 weeks to 5 years.
- Community Investment - Your funds can support lending initiatives that strengthen our local community.
How does CDARS work?
We are members of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into certificates of deposit issued by other approved members in the network. This occurs in increments below the standard FDIC insurance maximum ($250,000) so that both your principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. By working with Prairie Community Bank, you can receive coverage from many. You receive just one regular, consolidated statement and your personal account information remains confidential and protected with us.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a tax-advantaged account that can help you achieve your retirement saving goals. IRAs are important even if you have a 401k or other employer-sponsored retirement plan, as there are certain protections and features that they provide over and above employer plans. Prairie Community Bank offers Traditional and ROTH IRAs, each of which comes with unique benefits. Talk to an account representative at Prairie Community Bank to learn more and find out which IRA is right for you, or to open your IRA today.
* Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement by Prairie Community Bank. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us. Please read the agreement carefully before signing it. CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.
1 Note for Network Members: Investment restrictions imposed by statutes, regulations or policies may limit the authority of public funds managers to invest through CDARS. Public fund managers in the following states, among others, may be eligible to invest through CDARS: AK, CO, CT, GA, HI, IL, KS, KY, ME, MN, MO, NE, NH, NV, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN and VT. Even in these states, the public funds manager must check applicable restrictions to ensure that deposits are eligible for placement using CDARS.